Pages

GETTING BACK TO BUSINESS & FRIDAY FAVORITES

17.4.17

Happy early Friday! Getting back to business is the name of the game.  Today I am sharing the hashtags of my life this week. So here are my Favorite Five:

1. #SpringRocks. Winter seems to finally over in Minnesota and I am ecstatic.  While we have had some very chilly days still, we have significantly warmer temperatures (see exhibit A below).  I love being able to run in tank tops and shorts outside.  It gives me life! The island girl in me loves it.  But the getting back to business has less to do with the changing of the seasons and more to do with finding my motivation to get outside.  Because let me tell you-- winter in Minnesota sucked the life out of me.  I had NO MOTIVATION whatsoever to do anything and I have the poundage to prove it. Holy smokes, one can gain weight during a sedentary winter!


But on Sunday the temperature rose to 65F and it was glorious! And suddenly I found myself wanting to get out and run... just run.  It was like my body was saying "Alright! Time to get up and go!" and I obliged.  I have not had this much fun getting outside since before the fall. Now, the wind was insanely hard.  The run felt more like a strength training workout than a run. It was brutal. And I have to admit that I walked a few times because I just felt spent at times just fighting with  the wind. But after I was done I felt so accomplished.  Now a few things that I saw during the run just plain made laugh.

2. First of all-- THIS. #killerhill.
 


Seriously, whoever wrote this has a wicked sense of humor.  I was so psyched and ready to tackle the hill and then I saw this and was like-- what the ****! Some people's kids. Smh.  So I finally tackled the hill and do my run, then on the way back into town I spot this gal. LOL.

3. #TownGoat.  Right as you come into town, there is a family farm and some of the animals roam free outside of the fence... this goat included.  Sometimes it the llamas.  I am just surprised she just stood there while I snapped a pic.  Now, I have to admit that I slowed my pace CONSIDERABLY, so as to not spook the goat.  The last thing I need is to get horned by a goat.  Just sayin'.


"I am just a goat, standing by the side of the road, asking you to love her." #lovegoat

Now, I want to switch gears to tell you about something super exciting! 

4. #NewJob. Two weeks ago I started working at the Mayo Clinic and this is the pinnacle of excellence, people!  It is amazing how palpable is the fact that everything and everyone is working like a super synched machine to ensure the Mayo Clinic is at the highest caliber of hospitals in the country and the world.  Can you tell how excited I am?!

5. #WellnessCenterGoals. One of the things I have had to do is find a balance between work and fitness.  I actually take a commuter bus (which is so nice) so timing the workouts and especially food, has been tricky but I finally found what works thanks to my 6Pack Bag Mini, which allows me to pack my meals in a convenient way that is not bulky.  So it works great!  When it comes to work one of the great perks is the fantastic wellness facility they have.

The Dan Abraham Wellness Center, its the modern orange building in the middle of downtown Rochester, MN, and it was named after the founder of Slim Fast, who was the generous benefactor of this facility.  It is a state of the art facility that does not skimp on anything.  It is simply amazing!  I am going to try and see of they let me write a post  with pics, and I will show you how amazing it is.  It out of this world. They also have a second location in the hospital I am actually working (see second pic below) and it is pretty amazing too.






And this is my week of running and fitness this week.  How was your week? Did you hit your major goals for the week?


I may be joining one of these awesome ladies: Week In Review / Sunday Fitness & Food / Fit Fashionable Friday / Friday Five 2.0 / Tuesdays on the Run/ Wild Workout Wednesday / Momfessionals  A Little Bit of Everything, Meet @ The Barre /September Farm The Farmer's Wife / Cup of Tea / A Liz Adventure Carolina Charm

17 comments:

  1. Visiting from Sept-Farm! What a fun update! Kudos for meeting your fitness goals! I've struggled with staying active since i've gotten pregnant this spring, but this week I found that if I left my hand weights in the bathroom, that I am more likely to remember to do my squats and arm workouts before I hop in the shower every morning! And it's worked! #smallvictories lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Casey! Thanks for visiting! I love your reminders to stay active! Way to go! Yeay for #smallvictories!!!

      Delete
  2. I love that you have a town goat! And llamas! So cute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Omg, I love them too! My dog is obsessed with them every time wee walk by. lol!

      Delete
  3. The warm weather is definitely a motivator! I'm glad you are finally getting some up your way. Congrats on your new job! Working at the Mayo clinic is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is pretty awesome. It seems everything is lining up for me to get more motivated!

      Delete
  4. LOL on the town goat. Congrats on the new job and WOW on the fitness center. The Mayo Clinic must be an awesome place to work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We're finally over the hump on the weather here in Chicago as well. Wow winter wore on me this year, probably because it was so grey. Congrats on the new job! How amazing to work at the Mayo Clinic. Love that you have a town goat. We had llamas alas the ranch was sold and they moved. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Woohoo for good weather?! Haha! It seems the #towngoat is a hit in this post. Lol

      Delete
  6. Im so happy spring is finally here. You see some interesting things on your run! Congrats on the new job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. I'm really excited about the job. :)

      Delete
  7. I'm in Iowa, and am also enjoying spring (finally LOL). I grew up in NE Iowa, and we often went to Rochester for shopping, so I know your area well ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Finally, right?! Lol. One of my new co-workers is from Iowa and I cannot believe she drives in everyday. That's commitment! 😀

      Delete
  8. Even when I'm careful, even when I train through the winter, I still gain weight. It's just what my body wants to do. You kind of have to learn to accept it.

    We keep going back & forth between raw, chilly, rainy days and summer. At least the flowers are finally blooming and the trees are filling out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I cannot tell you how happy I am to see flowers blooming. It's a sure sign for us that Spring is here!

      Delete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have the same "I hate running" tank - Walmart has great workout tops!

    I love Spring but hate it at the same time because of my allergies! Once I can get my allergies under control, I love it!

    ReplyDelete