Pages

PRE-RUNNING SNACKS << BEETELITE ENERGIZING GUMMIES >>

6.5.17

Have you ever had a scheduled training run and you just have no energy? For many reasons sometimes our bodies just run our of energy.  One of my favorite pre-workout products is BeetElite.  BeetElite shots are goodness is a shot.  This product is awesome.  It is organic beetroot in powder form and you drink it as a shot.  It aids with sports performance, endurance and recovery.  It is concentrated and fast acting.  I personally like to take it between 25-30 minutes before my workout.  By far the black cherry flavor is the best.  What I love about it is that I get energy without the jitters from caffeine.  Then lasy year I saw an Instagram post from one of my favorite endurance runner's, Amelia Boone-- the Queen of Spartan races (yeah, that's my name for her-- she is that awesome!).


She posted about these gummy bears she made using BeetElite powder and it totally picked my curiosity.  Why?  Because I LOVE gummy bears.  And if I can get any product into gummy shapes, I am sold.  They are so delicious and fun to make! Plus honestly, they are super cute! To make them, I adapted a recipe from Stupid Easy Paleo.  Here is the original recipe.  Below, is the adaptation using BeetElite but really, you can use any all-natural juice of your choice. 






BeetElite Gummy Bears (adapted from Stupid Easy Paleo)

Ingredients:
  • 1 scoop of BeetElite
  • 1 cup of water
  • 2 tbsp gelatin
  • Silicone candy molds or an 8″ x 8″ glass baking dish

Steps:
  • Pour the water into small saucepan and add the scoop of powder. Heat gently until the powder dissolves.  Make sure it is warm but that it does not boil.
  • Turn off the heat, and pour the gelatin-- one tbsp at a time-- into the liquid, whisking as you do this until it is combined.  
** If you are using a mold, I recommend adding 1 more tbsp (for a total of 3).  This will help makes them harden a bit more which you want with gummy bears.
  • Pour the mixture into silicone molds.  How many gummy snacks you’ll end up with depends on how big your molds are. These bear gummy mold holds about 50 and hold about 1 drop of the dropper the mold came with.  I have three trays so I triple this 
  • Refrigerate the gummies for at least 2 hours, then pop them out of the molds. You may want to freeze them for 15 minutes before you try to unmold.
  • Keep these gummies refrigerated in a covered container. They keep for 3 to 5 days.

I may be joining one of these awesome ladies: Week In Review / Sunday Fitness & Food / Fit Fashionable Friday / Friday Five 2.0 / Tuesdays on the Run/ Wild Workout Wednesday /




6 comments:

  1. I'm all about beets these days for the anti-inflammatory effects! I'm going to check out this powder. I've been drinking Red Ace Beet Shots and I like those a lot. But I like the idea of a powder!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute idea! I've been drinking Beet Elite for years. The gummies are too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cute are these!! Love the beets!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are a great idea!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love beets I should try these great looking snacks

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, these look awesome! I've been using Beet Boost (off and on) for awhile (probably a very similar product)...never thought of making gummy anything out of it! That's a genius move!

    ReplyDelete